After the tour for launching of 2015 album “Drones”, the British band Muse will come back with a series of concerts around the world for promoting their eighth album, “Simulation Theory“.
Released on the 9th of November 2018 through Warner Bros. Records and Helium-3, it was created as a collaboration between Muse, Rich Costey, Mike Elizondo, Shellback, and Timbaland (who also collaborated in features with great artists like Katy Perry, Nelly Furtado or One Republic).
If in their previous albums they adopted darker themes, this time they opted for lighter influences from science fiction and 1980s pop culture.
The lyrics explores the role of simulation in society which suggests that reality is actually a simulation, that nothing is real. Moreover, it suggests the fact that we’re all just code sequences, nothing being actually self driven decisions.
In this album we can see many things that are supposed to be a myth (that has been transmitted from generation to generation until it became part of our lives), like the existence of vampires, as we can see for example in Thought Contagion, the seventh song of the album.
Strung out falling from the big timeThough Contagion – lyrics
Welcome to the infinite black skies
Brain clans fractured identity
Fragments and scattered debris
Regarding the world tour, it will feature a new Enhanced Experience Package that allows access to an exclusive Mixed Reality Pre-Show Party, powered by Microsoft, with three original virtual reality games, inspired by tracks from Simulation Theory. Additional Enhanced Experience perks include a premium concert ticket, show specific poster, interactive photo experience with props and memorabilia from the band’s latest videos and more. The Enhanced Experience pre-sale begins November 13th. (Info taken from the Muse official site)
The concerts started with some representations in US and Canada, and will continue their course in Europe. This time Romania is, unfortunately, not included on the list, but hopefully they will be here for the next album.
Muse are famous for their magnificent and strong representations, offering you concerts to remember, with amazing lights, extraordinary acoustic and looooots of energy on stage.
You can find below the schedule of the Simulation Theory world tour as announced by Muse.
Concerts already held:
- 22 February – Houston, Texas at Toyota Center
- 24 February – Dallas, TX at American Airlines Center
- 26 February – Phoenix, AZ at Talking Stick Resort Arena
- 28 February – Salt Lake City, UT – Vivint Smart Home Arena
- 2 March – Las Vegas, NV – Mandalay Bay Events Center
- 5 March – San Diego, CA – Valley View Casino Center
- 7 March – Sacramento, CA – Golden 1 Center
- 9 March – Oakland, CA – Oracle Arena
- 24 March – Sunrise, FL – BB&T Center
- 26 March – Atlanta, GA – State Farm Arena
- 28 March – Toronto, ON – Scotiabank Arena
- 30 March – Montreal, QC – Bell Centre
- 31 March – Quebec City, QC – Videotron Centre
- 2 April – Washington DC – Capital One Arena
- 4 April – Detroit, MI – Little Caesars Arena
- 7 April – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
- 10 April – Boston, MA – TD Garden
- 26 May – Prague, Czech Republic – Letnany Airport
- 28 May – Budapest, Hungary – Papp László Sports Arena
- 29 May – Graz, Austria – Stadthalle Graz
- 1 June – London, United Kingdom – London Stadium
- 8 June – Manchester, United Kingdom – Etihad Stadium
- 12 June – Riga, Latvia – Arena Riga
- 15 June – Moscow, Russia – Luzhniki Stadium
Concerts to follow:
- 18 June – Helsinki, Finland – Suvilahti Open Air
- 22 June – Krakow, Poland – Tauron Arena Kraków
- 27 June – Nijmegen, Netherlands – Goffertpark
- 29 June – Cologne, Germany – Rhein Energie Stadion
- 3 July – Zurich, Switzerland – Hallenstadion
- 6 July – Paris, France – Stade de France
- 9 July – Marseille, France – Stade Orange Vélodrome
- 12 July – Milan, Italy – San Siro Stadium
- 16 July – Bordeaux, France – Matmut Atlantique
- 20 July – Rome, Italy – Stadio Olimpico
- 24 July – Lisbon, Portugal – Passeio Marítimo de Algés
- 6 July – Madrid, Spain – Wanda Metropolitano
Image Source: hospitalitycentre